DP #56: Today I feel…
Finish the sentence above. Take three minutes.
Hi folks! Today, you’re going to use the item you brought as inspiration for writing a creative essay, screenplay, story, or poem (or a morph of two or more).
Put the item on your desk in front of you and consider the following to get the creative juices flowing:
- Do you have a true story about this item you want to write about?
- Why did you bring this item in?
- Who might have an item like this?
- Where did this person get it from?
- Is this item alive?
- Does this item have a name?
- Could this item be used as a good luck item?
- Where has this item been?
- Why is this item so important?
- Why is this item so tragic?
- What does this item represent?
- If this item could talk, what would it say?
You have twenty minutes to craft something.
The remainder of class, we will do traditional “show and tell” except you’ll be reading the piece you wrote to the class (or an excerpt) as you show off what you brought.